• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Photoshop X and Y Free transform Move not working

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to move a motif on a layer on a specific measurement - attached example by 90cm on the 'Y' axis. Every time I type the measurement in the motif moves on some random measurement. I have used this command for years with no issues and now its not playing ball can anyone help? This is  Photoshop 23.3.2. Hoping somone can help me. Screenshot 2022-06-16 at 21.14.37.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At your screenshot W or width field is highlighted so you are working with width of object not with position. If you want to change Y position then try to highlight number after Y. You may want also to click on triangle =  Use relative positioning for reference point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks yes I know that, I was in Y box when I was moving the object. Highlighted W, is just from the grab. I also tried the relative point - clicking on the triangle does not help - but thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure: What are the Ruler Units? 

I am trying to move a motif on a layer on a specific measurement - attached example by 90cm on the 'Y' axis. 

Do you actually mean »by« or »to«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines