Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please! ๐Ÿ™

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a nightmare today with Photoshop ๐Ÿ˜”

I know the issue is probably something simple but I've spent hours trying to figure out and am at my wits end!

Basically - I want to draw simple Ellipses which is fine - but - when I change the setting to Stroke - I'm getting loads of ellipses in the background! I literally don't know what to do?

Any help very much appreciated! thank you in advance!

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 14.58.45.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compliments at posting a screenshot! 

But could you post one that includes the Options Bar and the Paths Panel? 

Apparently the Shape Layer you created consists of several elliptical subPathItems and the active elliptical Path is either not one of them or has a PathOperation-setting that ยปnegatesยซ it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a-ha! lol thanks so much for replying so quickly - it's obviously something I've done without realising ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿปโ€:female_sign: (newbie klaxon!) ๐Ÿคฃ Ok - I think this is what you mean....any more info just let me know!Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 15.17.18.pngScreenshot 2022-07-30 at 15.17.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but โ€ฆ the Paths Panel and the Layers Panel are not mutually exclusive per se. 

Anyway, you seem to have set a Dashed Stroke (edit: which means my original assumption was wrong and you had indeed created the Shape Layer with the intended elliptical path): 

Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 16.30.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your end goal by the way. 110pt Stroke is huge at least for your document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Stroke is set in Points, rather than Pixels, it would be resolution dependant, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines