• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help to make a procedural artwork in Adobe Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, does anyone knows how to make Adobe Photoshop exports a file everytime when I realease mouse button using brush tool? It means, I want to show step-by-step how I drew an image, so while I am drawing an image, and (for example,  did 45 clicks with Brush tool), I will have 45 exported files (showing the every step of my drawing, and it can be one png file for every click). So I think, maybe one script can do it, I have no idea how to make it, and wonder to find this solution here.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not find an event for applying a brush stroke, so it does not seem possible to use Script Events Manager to link a Script (that creates a numbered png-copy) to the event. 

Hopefully someone else has a better understanding or idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the JavaScript Tools Guide, there is an Event Handling for a MouseEvent object with mouseup. So, not with Script Events Manager, just using an Event Handler in a script, the script would be activated and then every time a mouse click was released the save function could be called.

Of course, scripting this is beyond me! 

Otherwise, a standard incremental save script could be used with a keyboard shortcut (I appreciate that this would tend to break the flow).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using a tablet, may be able to bind the tip of the tablet to "Left click" and Control + V with an empty layer copied.

A little awkward, but maybe a viable scriptless solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t understand that; ctrl-V is pasting, isn’t it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found an app that record all steps and render it as a video (mov or mp4), but I need it into Photoshop, and export as PNG (the full artboard).

Thanks for all the replies, but I still looking forward on this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines