Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with a Photoshop Action, please.

New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Photoshop Community, 

I am hopeful that there is a Photoshop action expert in the ecosystem who can help direct me. 

I'm on a Mac in the lastest version of Photoshop and I have a Photoshop action that consists of ~37,000 lines of code when viewed as an .xml file. I've used Xtools to convert the action to a .xml file in order to edit it. Once in .xml format, I use UltraEdit or TextEdit to open the file and to edit the file name, the Action File key, and Action Set name. Once saved, I use Xtools to convert the .xml file back to a Photoshop Action .atn file. 

The problem is this: when I run the action in RGB, 8-bit, with a flattened image of background, the file glitches on a specific Set function whereby a dialog box pops up that says "the command Set is currently not available.". When I look at the specific Set Function step in the actions panel within Photoshop, I can locate the issue which is the Set Selection states "to: <unknown>" when it should state "to: none". I've looked at the code in .xml and .jsx format and see no difference between either the original action (which works fine) and the renamed action -- the codes look identical and both show "none" in the code correctly. I've reset preferences and uninstalled and reinstalled Photoshop and neither of these did anything to solve it. 

Other than the pop-up window for the Set Function happening in multiple instances of the same "to:<unknown>", everything else in the actions plays correctly. Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

You can edit that one step by selecting that step, doing a Select>All, hitting the Record button, doing a Select>Deselect, stop recording, then delete the unknown step. If any of the other unknown steps are the same you can copy the recorded step by holding down the Opt key while moving the step.

Then if the action works you can save the action as you would any other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit that one step by selecting that step, doing a Select>All, hitting the Record button, doing a Select>Deselect, stop recording, then delete the unknown step. If any of the other unknown steps are the same you can copy the recorded step by holding down the Opt key while moving the step.

Then if the action works you can save the action as you would any other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply, Jeff. Much appreciated. I don't see an option to Select>All in either the Edit drop down menu or the expanded Actions menu (see attached). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the main photoshop menu Select>All

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AHH! Of course. My apologies. 

You sir, are a geniuis. Your method worked perfectly in the single instance. Now I am trying to replicate this across the 50 or so other erronius Sets. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines