Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with script to auto align and crop, then export

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I shot a timelapse from the top of my SUV and there is some movement of the camera between shots. I'm trying to write a script to:

1. Open the first image in the folder

2. Use this image as reference to align all of the other images in the folder.

3. Crop all of the images to 16x9

4. Export as tiff layer into another folder.

I'm not much of an action/script writer (hence this post).  Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Tom

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has a script for stacking files to layers, which has an option to attempt to auto align:

File > Scripts > Load files into stack

You can then crop all in one go.

There is also a File > Export > Layers to files script if you need separate files rather than a layered file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Stephen for your response! I'm trying that right now on my M1 Max MacBook Pro and after two solid days it's still going.  The Tifs are about 50MB in size so it's quite a big task.  Is it possible to create a script to use one file as a reference and open each image individually, align to reference file, crop, and save....and then close everything out and repeat the process with the next file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines