Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with weird spacing

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help please.

I am using photoshop CC for the first time and my text is being so strange, doesn't matter what font I use (and I haven't tried to transform it so that's not the issue). The space between each line is inconsistent  (NOT pictured here) even though the setting in Character for space above and below is consistent. And then when I hit enter (pictured here)  it does the opposite of what it's supposed to do and moves my line up with each hit of the enter key and jumbles everything up. See attachment. SO strange. Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 9.47.51 AM.png

Anyone had this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Styles are out of adjustment.

Go to Window > Character styles and set everything to auto and 100% values.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have tried that. But it didn't do anything. When I hit the return key or my down arrow key the cursor move above the text instead of below it. Like up and down got switched. It's so strange.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain you don't have 2 layers of text superimposed on each other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No definitely not 2 layers. Pretty proficient in PS and I've never encountered something like this. It's so odd it feels like a glitch. Thank you for your help on this. In fact maybe I will try restarting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely Paragraph Styles should be used for the example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's a line spacing issue, don't you?

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks to me like at some point, one or 2 of your lines got selected, and the leading setting was changed to something smaller than the standard 120% of the height of the text. Leading (pronounced ledding) is the space between lines of text in a paragraph.

I suggest selecting ALL your text in the text box. Then, in the Character Panel, set the dropdown for leading to "Auto". The leading icon is the one with the little A and then a vertical arrow and another little A (in the screenshot above, it's right under the word "Regular". It's just really important to have all the lines of text selected before you do this.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines