• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi. I have a gif And I want to change the colors in it.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. So I found a gif with a rotating circle and I wanted to change the colors to the ones of a rainbow( lgbtq+ ) and it's giving me trouble . Could anyone give me a tutorial or help me a bit with it? It's something like this

thanks a bunch in advance ! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

The first image seems to show an overlayed gradient, that would be fairly simple. 

colorizeAnimationTest3.gif

The second one would seem more complex, because the existing »gradient«-ring ends in black on both sides. 

You could manually paint on each frame, essentially rotoscoping, or add new layers to colorize. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Andii5C78 

A GIF creates an index of colors with a maximum of 256. To use other colors outside of the index, you need to convert from Index mode to RBG in Image > Mode > RGB.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just trying to change some colors of the circle but it's a gif and it's giving me trouble 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The gif appears to have almost no color but is mainly gray so what exactly are you trying to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0fd788b1f77a49adfd7b680c6e494d63.gifSo the gif is a rotating purpleish circle. I wanted to make it look like a rainbow instead of just solid purple ( rainbow as in the colours from lgbt flag )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try using a Gradient Map Adjustment Layer. 

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 09.58.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I use it in every layer ? Or how do I do it really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the screenshot; there is one Adjustment Layer atop all the other Layers and if affects all the frames in the Timeline.

But that depends on whether »New Layer Visible in All Frames« is checked in the Timeline-dropdown menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is not what you want? 

Could you describe the intended result more clearly? 

colorizeAnimationTest2.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOLY !!! That is amazing not gonna lie ! 
I think your outcome is the best really. I was looking forward to doing something else like 
- to put the colours on the circle to look more like  the pictures above. 
So let'say we have the colours  Cyan, purple, red, yellow, green, blue. 
There are 6 colours and I wanted them kinda, 
Red to be on 1/6 circle,
Yellow to be on another 1/6 near red 
and so on

Is that possible ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first image seems to show an overlayed gradient, that would be fairly simple. 

colorizeAnimationTest3.gif

The second one would seem more complex, because the existing »gradient«-ring ends in black on both sides. 

You could manually paint on each frame, essentially rotoscoping, or add new layers to colorize. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHOAAAA what you just did is awesome !!!!!!!
That's exactly what I was trying to say!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setting the »center« of the ring to 50% and inverting the inner part would probably need manual editing for each frame. 

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 11.28.01.png

Depending on how complex the intended result is you might be better off using dedicated animation software like After Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above result . test3. is awesome. The only inconvenience is that it's a bit blurry in a way ? I mean the colours are disperssing a bit but It's everything I ever wanted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could edit the gradient. 

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 11.46.25.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the colors are intended to be static over the animation a multiplying Layer might suffice. 

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 09.52.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG! That looks amazing.. Is there a video on youtube of how I could do that? I'm not really skilled in editing, I'm studying medicine... and it doesn't go so well with computers haha. 
But I'm willing to learn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The intention is so the circle still moves in a direction but with other colours on it too not only solid purple

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines