• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

history brush makes untouched part bright

Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Does anybody know why does the history brush brightens the part of the image that was not erased?

On my older device it only restored the part of the image that was changed. 

Dont see any point in using this tool.

Screenshot 2023-03-05 at 11.26.33 PM.png

 photoshop 2023 v 24.2.0

mac Os Ventura 13.2.1

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All we can tell from your screenshot and what you write, is that at some point the image was darkened.

It seems you have the restore point at the original opened file, so that means everything you have done will be reversed.

You can put the history restore point at any history state, so make sure you don't go further back than you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the image was never darkened. Check the history tab: there is only eraser used before history brush. Why does the history brush leaves a bright streak on the originally dark area?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, I've only been using Hisory Brush in this example.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 6.22.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this screenshot, I can see that the History Brush has its Blend Mode set to Screen. Set it to Normal to make it not lighten the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That'll do it all right. 😉  I spent a few minutes, a wee while ago, chasing a problem where a layer set to Screen was showing black, which didn't make sense to me.  Then I twigged that the area displaying black had transparent pixels behind it.  IME the two main things waiting to trip you up with Photoshop are blend modes and the Options Bar.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines