• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hitting ENTER doesn't always do the job ( SAVE, OPEN....etc. )

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually in all Adobe's I use ( AI, PSD and Indesign ).

With the dialog box open to either SAVE, or OPEN...etc., hitting the ENTER key has no response, and I have to roll the mouse over to the button and click in order to finish the command. This happens all the time, but not every time. Tried many reset, reinstall, even contacted Adobe support but still no solution. 

Wondering if any other Adobe users on Mac OS has the same experience, and any fix to it.

Thanks.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working for me. I wonder if you've reassigned the keyboard key in system preferences? If you did so within Photoshop, resetting the preferences should reset it back to default. I think the former because the Open dialog with keyboard input is part of the OS, not Photoshop.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Hitting ENTER doesn't always do the job"

"Actually in all Adobe's I use ( AI, PSD and Indesign )"

By @csjyuen

Use the RETURN key, not the ENTER key on macOS. Sometimes you can use either; other times they have different functions. In InDesign, for example, pressing RETURN starts a new paragraph while pressing ENTER starts a new column. 

In a dialog box (Save, Open, et cetera), pressing Enter or Return works on the active command button. This is expected behavior and is true in all Mac and Windows applications. If the OKAY button is not active, press TAB until it is.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines