• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Horrendous Photoshop Lag with Cintiq 21 UX

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title states, ever since installing any Photoshop CC 2015 or above. When moving photoshop over to my Cintiq and trying to use it, it experiences horrendous lag. Not brush lag, literally photoshop itself lags. I do not have this issue with any other painting style application on my Cintiq. Substance Painter, ZBrush, Mudbox, Krita, and Clip Studio Paint all work without issues. Only the latest versions of photoshop appear to be affected.

Is there anyone else experiencing this issue with photoshop cc and wacom tablets or cintiqs?

Thanks for any help, this has been driving me crazy trying to figure out what is causing this.

Specs:

Win 10 Pro (Latest updates)

Sli 970 GTX (Latest drivers)

i7 3.5ghz

16GB memory

SSD drives

2x 1920x1080 displays (Each one on a different 970 GTX)

Cintiq 21 UX 1600x1200 (Yeah, one of the older UX models) (On the same 970 GTX as primary monitor)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Hello!

I've seen several reports of lags, and several users reported that using an older version of the Wacom driver fixes their issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've seen several reports of lags, and several users reported that using an older version of the Wacom driver fixes their issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several trial and errors going through the old drivers at: Tablet Drivers | Wacom Asia Pacific Customer Support. Finally, found one where it worked properly. Ended up having to go all the way back to wacom driver 6.3.15-3  from January 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the issue might be with the last couple of Photoshop versions and Windows 10, rather than your Cintiq.  If you have a look through the first few pages of the forum, you'll find relevant threads.

Have you tried various projects?  What sort of content are you working with?  I have a 3930K with GTX970, and 32Gb, and while I don't seem to be having the same issues as a lot of people, I did experience lag with a largely vector projects with about 100 layers including several nested Smart Objects. (with CC2015.5)  Similar sized projects with mostly raster content, the same number of layers and few Smart Objects is completely lag free.

So try a bit more testing and see if you can narrow down where and when the lag is coming from, and try and find the Windows 10 threads.

Please let us know what you find, and if you don't get anywhere, we'll try and home in on what is going on with your set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also think it's a photoshop issue rather than Wacom. Cuz all the other programs on the Cintiq run smoothly on it (for me), only photoshop has this lag issue. For me it only lags when I initialize photoshop. (it doesn't react for like 3-5 minutes). And when I paint stuff and switch with my mouse to the other screen and then go back. It's always the moment when I go back to Photoshop on the cintiq. As soon as photoshop is over the initial freeze, I can work fine on it without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines