Hours of Work Suddenly Disappeared Even Though I Autosave every 15 minutes

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was in the middle of doing some drawing work in a large file in PS 2022 and I left my workstation for a little, when I came back, hours of my work were just gone. My layers had disappeared and the old layers I had deleted earlier had reappeared. It was like it had revered to a save version from hours before. I have a 15-minute autosave on, and there are no files in my adobe application support auto recovery folder. There was no record of my strokes or actions in the history tab either. It's like no record of the work exists and I don't even know what could have happened in the 10 minutes I had stepped away from my desk because there was no other change to my open programs or the computer itself. I'm stunned and a little freaked. Can anyone give an explanation for this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you have a cat? 😻

Seriously, how much scratch disk space do you have?  Are you saving to your local hard drive?

I have no faith in so-called auto file save systems.  I recommend you get in the habit of manually saving work with Ctrl/Cmd + S.  It's also important to have redundant file backups just in case your file becomes corrupted. 

Computer glitches can occur when power abruptly interrupts for a few seconds or there is a sudden power spike.  Is your computer connected to battery backup with surge protector?

Finally, I would run health check diagnostics on the hard drive to ensure it's stable.  A failing hard drive could be catastrophic. 

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines