• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can i create an action that opens a file and saves as a WEBP and use as Batch

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to create an action where it opens a JPEG file, saves as a WEBP and then closes. I have multple files to save as WEBP's. I have tried to do this action before and it worked... but only for one file. It doesnt work in Batch. 

Help...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the script that I created for the following topic thread:

The script can be recorded as a single step into an Action, then used with the Batch command. Changes may need to be made as it was not written for batching.

It uses the active layer and name to save, but that could be changed if required. It uses the following plugin:

Here it is with an Action/Batch, tested, it works:

webp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the plugin still necessary? Wasn’t webp including in the default file formats? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler wrote:

Is the plugin still necessary? Wasn’t webp including in the default file formats? 

I'll take a look at 2022, most of the time I'm in 2021...

EDIT: You are correct, it is native in 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setup of the Batch process is the same in version 2022 with the native webP format save:

native-webp.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ĆI have tried to do this action before and it worked... but only for one file. Ć

Expand and take a look at Save step. You probably have recorded exact path and file name in action step what is causing action to always write file in the same folder with the same name what is causing overwriting.

exact filename and path in action step.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines