• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I improve image resolution using Adobe software?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to figure out how to improve image resolution using Photoshop or Lightroom. Probably limited to web apps. Old computer. But still, isn't there something? I'm just trying to increase pixel count, right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from using the community >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sashalexandermander 

The best way is use a camera shoots in high resolution and will take images in RAW format. What kind of camera are you using?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not my jpeg/img. It's something I was sent. I'm talking about any image, no camera in my control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sashalexandermander wrote:

I'm just trying to increase pixel count, right?

Adding pixels to an existing image does not improve the resolution; it just adds pixels. You'll need to ask for a better image.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the responses.

I won't be able to get another image. I'm essentially trying to find out what software I can use to resolve a blurry image. Imagine I'm Colombo learning computers lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Sashalexandermander 

• First you said resolution (image size), which was answered.
  • Now you are saying blurry. We need to ask is: are you viewing the image at 100%? If you zoom in, the image will look pixelated. How does it look at 100% zoom?
  • You have now mentioned that you are using the web app. Is that Photoshop for Web (beta)? There is a separate forum for the web version, which is in beta.
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta/ct-p/ct-photoshop-beta

Is there anything else we need to know so we have the complete picture and can better assist?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As there exist methods to resize images, you should really know what you are doing. There exists no method to enhance a bad image. Most probably, you get an image that has all its defects more visible.

Abambo_0-1669522876315.pngAbambo_1-1669522892579.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That menu not available on web app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your image nobody can advise on specific techniques, but if you don't even have a full Photoshop, then there is almost zero chance that anything can be done about improving your image. Image recovery/ restoration can involve tons of steps with multiple filters, paint operations, adjustments etc.., none of which web-based services can provide. Of course there are alternatives to PS out there, but if the computer is realyl that old, even they might not run.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines