• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can i make the side tool bars smaller?

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i make the side tool bars (layers and others) smaller? Does it have something to do with my monitor resolution (1360 x 760)? Im new and i wanted to make the interface more clean because canvas is really small.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We're here to help.

You can go to the panels, and when the mouse pointer changes into an arrow, you will be able to adjust the size accordingly. You can also change the thumbnail sizes of the layers by right-clicking them and choosing the size you want. If nothing helps, then go to Windows> Workspace> Reset Essentials.

I am sharing a small video where you will be able to see the adjustments.

Link: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/c4f18163-e9e9-4b27-6231-c9f4f324516e

Let us know if that helps.

Regards.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/hidpi-retina.html

If you have your interface scaled higher than 100%, scale it back until the panels fit comfortably on your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The OP's problem is not enough pixels, not too many. I dealt with this all the time on my old 13 inch laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the top right corner of  the panels for the two arrowhead icon. This toggles between iconic and expanded. Iconic panels just show the name and icon until you click on them, then they open full-size next to it.

If you dock them to the side, you can stack up many panels, and expand and contract them as needed:

Semaphoric_0-1652967289906.png

Every tab group is divided, and shows every tab in that group. You can also resize it to show just icons, if you like.

Note that the Tool Bar is different and its own thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines