Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How do edit and view commands within the contents of a Photoshop action? Please help!

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded Nik Collection to the latest version which upgraded some of the applications within the program.  Silver Efex Pro 2 upgraded to Silver Efex Pro 3.  When I run my Photoshop actions that I created that were built on Silver Efex Pro 2, they break. For example.  I have an action that converts a photography from color to black & white using Silver Efex Pro 2. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.51.37 PM.png

When the action runs and gets to the part that is for Silver Efex 2, it halts stating that 'The Command "Silver Efex Pro 2" is not currently available."  Is it possible to view the commands contained within the part of my action that launches Silver Efex Pro 2? 

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 8.53.15 PM.png

I need to recreate the actions that have broken, but I cannot recall the exact settings invoked within the action to reproduce them.

I am using a MacBook Pro running macOS Big Sur version 11.3.1.  I am using Adobe Photoshop CC 22.4.2 Release.  I am using Nik Collecgtion by DxO version 4.1.1. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn down the arrow to see the settings of the step.

Check the state of the document, is the color mode, bit depth appropriate to work with that plug-in? Is the correct layer selected?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'd duplicate the action, delete the step (drag to trash) and re-record it with the plugin you want (record button)

You can also double-click on a step to change the recorded settings, but I doubt it would work for a different plugin.

https://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/photoshop-actions/editing-an-action/

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines