• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do i create something like this

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to make something like the blue crystals like in the image how do i go about it if anyone can send me a link that can help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a task for 3D that might go beyond Photoshop’s 3D capabilities. 

Naturally one can paint something like that but that needs some painterly skills, I guess. 

What are you actually trying to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh sorry ment to say on a flat surface have a clear box like that then i would use normal map to give it hight im trying to crate my own textures in minecraft and i like that look of that blue clear and the use just a flat map with normal map to give hight on custom textures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that most likely was created in a 3D program.

I read you were looking to create textures in MineCraft.  Very cool.

I just bought my nephew MineCraft... and Gamestop had a special where if you bought something MineCraft related in Germany... you get a special skin.  So I bought him the sword.

Curious... have you checked ou Substance by Adobe?  If so I think this might be a tool for you.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/3d-augmented-reality.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwub-HBhCyARIsAPctr7zGjsGv...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah i looked into it i like it but idk i tried to make stuff on my own after watching a tutorial but it was still challanging 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this can be done with layer styles. I'm going to try something and if it works, I'll post  screenshots.

-edit- see screenshots above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found these styles by googling "Photoshop layer styles Glass" - many if not most of them are free:ADOBE-FORUM-layer-styles-crystal-STYLES-.jpg

And here's a tutorial for a crystal effect if you want to do it yourself (I googled Photoshop layer styles crystal). The example has very rounded edges, but that can usually be adjusted in the bevel/emboss settings etc:

http://planetphotoshop.com/crystal-text-effect.html 

ADOBE-FORUM-layer-styles-crystal-TUTORIAL.jpg

I did this one myself  with the Rounded Rectangle tool, doing Edit>Transform>Distort and then applying a layer style I already had on my computer, but I don't recall where I got it. I just did the front face of it to show you what can be done- I think the edges can be squared off more by adjusting the various sliders:

ADOBE-FORUM-layer-styles-crystal-7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make something like that in a 3D application that can render with transparency, reflection and refraction - in this case I used a glass shader in Blender3D.

Glass.jpg

These are the shader nodes

davescm_1-1626390632801.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks guys i not looking for the side open view like that i want a flat surface with the bit sticking out of the surface tho

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All those bits sticking out are modelled the same way as the one where you see the side view, and use the same shader. If you are making a transparent object in a 3D app then you need to give it 3 dimensions so the 'light' (path/ray trace) can pass through it and refract and reflect at the surfaces. It will not look real with a single top surface where you would see the reflection but not the refraction. 

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok and i gett it wont look real with a single top but its for minecraft and you see only the top surface of the block not inside but i like that look of the glass look maybe with a few speks of glittler i would say on the inside i would like but ill look into it more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines