• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: How to export to SVG from Photoshop?

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PS file that has text that I converted to a shape, plus another shape. I want to convert that to an SVG file, but, when I use the Explort As dialog, the only export file options are GIF, PNG and JPG. If I do Save As, the only options are Photoshop, Large Document Format, Photoshop PDF, and TIFF. 

I searched the help system, there's nothing there that I can find. Did they remove SVG export from Photoshop?? I sure hope not. I have Photoshop 22.4.3. 

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Hi everyone,

I understand how difficult it must be not to be able to export into an SVG format through Photoshop. However, I wanted to suggest trying Adobe Express as a possible solution for converting your images into the desired format: https://www.adobe.com/express/feature/image/convert/svg?cgen=JQVGW3QK&mv=other

I genuinely hope this helps in your work. Let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Hi all,

Export to SVG format functionality discontinued from Photoshop 22.5 version in August'2021 last year. This feature in Photoshop has always been experimental and discontinued due to low usage and limitations.

If you still want to export your Photoshop document as SVG, you can follow any of these workarounds here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/export-artboards-layers.html#discontinue-export-as-svg

For Apple M1 users: Open Photoshop using Rosetta and ensure Preferences > tec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 251 Replies 251
Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, JJMack. I am using Photoshop CC, and I see that they've removed the SVG option.

I wonder whether Adobe did this to shift Exports to the PDF format...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In photoshop 2021 (22.5.1) you can go to Photoshop>Preferences>Export and check Use Legacy "Export As" to get SVG as an option.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-5.html

dr.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Jeff. I'm using Photoshop 22.5.1, and it looks as if the Export Legacy option has been removed. I've attached a Screeshot.

I'll check on the web to see if PDF will support Transparencies and Gradients.

Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Legacy Export As option is there in my Windows version of 22.5.1.

It looks like you may have opened an older version by mistake, or that the bottom part of the preferences dialog is off screen.

image_2021-09-27_133142.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working in new version in photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a mac with an M1 Processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Jeff, and I just heard from Adobe support that it wasn't yet supported on M1 Macs.
They said to use Photoshop with Rosetta, for now.

They will be fixing this in a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded the new version of photoshop and tried to make a .SVG file export and there is no longer a tab for this. Am i missing something or did they do away with it. In the past .SVG files made by photoshop would write the code with a "img" insted of "image" but all i would have to do is open the file with note pad and change the one line of code and it worked great. Could we not update that so they did away with .SVG or am i missing something. I rolled back to 23.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe revamped the Export As to better work with the most current operating systems.

You can revert to the old Export As dialog for SVG export as described here under 

Legacy 'Export As'

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/whats-new/2021-5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help. The SVG is not an option to save  or export . How can I get this option to display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a mac with an M1 Processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello adobe!

my problem i can't see or save as, save a copy and export as svg file format disaapear in photoshop cc 2021 pls bring it back svg formats on photoshop cc 2021 on windows pcs!

2021-09-10 (1).png2021-09-10 (2).png2021-09-10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, t the technology behind the svg export is very old and might be soon retired. 

Export As has been rewritten without that, but you can for the moment restore the old Export as by going to Edit > Preferences > Export > Enable "Use legacy Export As" option > restart Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,

I need your help to investigate missing svg file format was disappear on Adobe Photoshop CC 2021 because its something changes I can't save as SVG format but I can't see its very hard, when photoshop cc the export/save as/save as copy SVG format preset was gone through changes using Windows 11 PCs.

Please help, thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear adobe,

i need help i cant save svg file format has disappeared in Adobe Photoshop CC 2021.

please bring it back save as formats inclds svg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop Discussions to Ideas

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the code behind the SVG export might be retired in the future. It is still available for the moment if you go to Edit > Preferences > Export > Enable the "Use legacy Export As" option,  then restart Photoshop. (unless you are using an M1 Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, I'm on 22.5.0 and I don't have that option (Mac).

rdbstl_1-1631669282859.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, because it relies on a CEP panel, a techology that is being retired, and will not make it to the Apple Silicon version.

That option should be there if you run the application in Rosetta mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone still needs SVG Export... this feature is still available as default within Illustrator (version when posting this :26.0.1) so you can export paths from photoshop to . AI or copy paste your shapes into Illustrator. Pure adobe insanity. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go through posts - it's still accessible in Photoshop in Export legacy mode 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read through my post - "still available as default"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just option like many others, so for ex. stepping back by 'Ctrl z' versus 'Ctrl Alt z'.

I mean better to set it in app you use each day than using the other just for one thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, why implement something like "save as SVG"... then confused people by taking it away again when there's simply no reason to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines