• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Allow customization/hiding of the splash screen

Engaged ,
Nov 13, 2012 Nov 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, put that in the preferences... It used to annoy me in the past... but now with the hideous CS6 splash screens it's simply a necessity.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 256 Replies 256
256 Comments
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we PLEASE have the ability to remove or change the ugly artwork on all CC apps loading screens. I don't want to look at pink flamingos, a horrendous digital watercolour painting of a Glastonbury Festival attendee or a break dancer 50 times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As much as it offends you, itʼs true, Todd. Most of the responses misunderstand the question, and not one single person here has actually provided a correct answer to the Splash Screen question. It would be nice if these experts youʼre talking about could check in on occasion, because this question has been asked many times and the “experts” are not of any assistance.

Now that Iʼve solved it for myself, I will post post an answer below that actually works, since this thread has been waiting 2 years for an answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know Iʼm 2 years late, @Mike851, but I had the same problem with the annoying Splash Screen (NOT the Home Screen, for those who didnʼt undedrstand that distinction), and maybe this will help someone else get rid of it.

briantw_0-1630382876505.png

THIS is a Splash Screen

Mike, I see youʼre running Windows, so this is how to disable the Splash Screen in Windows 10:

Hit 'Start' then type in “photo” to bring up the Photoshop icon

briantw_1-1630383151736.png

Click on the down arrow below “Open” to expand that menu

briantw_2-1630383225047.png

Click on “Open file location.” This will bring up the appʼs shortcut location:

briantw_3-1630383269198.png

It may look different on your system, depending on your defaults, but whether itʼs an icon or a detailed list item, right click on it and select “Properties” at the bottom of the context menu:

briantw_4-1630383325475.png

In the “Target” box in the dialogue that comes up, you will need to add something to the end of the string of characters. Click in the “Target” box and hit the ‘End’ key and then ‘Space.’ Now, type:

-NoSplash

briantw_0-1630383813845.png

Then click on OK at the bottom. Voilà, Photoshop will no longer feel the need to monopolise a third of your screen with an ad while it takes 15 seconds to start in the background.

If you have the app pinned to your taskbar, youʼll need to do the same thing, starting with right-clicking on the appʼs icon and hitting “Properties.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Briantw

Most users realise the term written “experts” is mild contempt for armchair experts who really are not. Your explanation should not suggest inverted commers for Windows 10  users otherwise, and thanks for your obvious expertise, it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I turn off the Start Up Logo Screen - see attachment?

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 4.35.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not allow users to showcase their own artwork on the startup splashscreen? I think some users might appreciate being able to disable the splashscreen altogether, too. This would be a very easy feature to implement and greater customisation always equates to a better user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a "disable splash" checkbox should be put right on the splash screen, not only in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we PLEASE have the ability to remove or change the ugly artwork on all CC apps loading screens. I don't want to look at pink flamingos, a horrendous digital watercolour painting of a Glastonbury Festival attendee or a break dancer 50 times a day.

That's exactly what I want. I just made it in Adobe Premiere Pro 2022. I am on Windows, so I used a Windows system internal tool called Process Monitor to tweak it. Since I guess the CC app tries to open an splash image file, I need to figure out what and where the images are.

First, I captured events at the start of Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 in Process Monitor (there are buttons on the toolbar) and filtered out only those related to this app (find an event record of 'Adobe Premiere Pro.exe', right click it under "Process Name" colume and select "Include 'Adobe Premiere Pro.exe'" in the context menu.

Heng22511085gk22_0-1641380114915.png

Second, click menu Tools -> File Summary because I wanted to list all files Premiere opened during launch and then picked up the wanted splash image files. There are tons of files opened, but since I was only searching for image, we can narrow down the range of search a lot.

Heng22511085gk22_1-1641380228097.png

So, click the "By Entension" Tab of the File Summay dialog because image files have characteristic file extensions. In the left side of the dialog, I scrolled down patiently and found only one file extension (fortunately) that is related to image: png. Expanded it and I caught the culpret:

• C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2022\PNG\pr_splash.png
  • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2022\PNG\pr_splash@2x.png
  • C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2022\PNG\pr_splash@3to2x.png

Heng22511085gk22_2-1641380421587.png

Now, opening them in Paint as adminstrator, we can remove the contents (Ctrl-A, Del, and Ctrl-S to save) or replace with other picture we like. Restarting Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, the ugly splash screen are just white. We're done and good to go.

Although the above approach is for Adobe Premiere Pro 2022, I hope it can provide a helpful clue for other CC apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really liked the prevoius design, of a woman of color with a beautiful and imaginateive pattern around her.

The new one with the white woman warrior is somewhat offensive to me as it discounts all other races, I actually really dislike it each time I see it.

(I am a white woman.)
Could also change it up to something to do with helping the planet as well.
Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like this has been requested for YEARS now. For added annoyance, at the moment it's pretty much ads for Rings of Power...which I am not interested in and don't care to be advertised to. 😞

It's annoying, but not worth the coding hoops to jump through here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please replase that angry digital lady on the Photoshop 23.5 splash screen with something more subtle, abstract and less intrusive.

Don't get me wrong it might be good art to some eyes but I find it too intrusive and it makes it a bit unpleasant to start Photoshop. Perhaps I am too sensitive to what my eyes get exposed to, but really, it's too aggressive and overbearing...

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's move this post to the Idesa section 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merged some threads here, please vote on top if you would like to have the Photoshop team spend time on this feature.

(But please do visit the rest of the sub forum and also search for threads that deal about workflow, tools, productivity, issues that stop / slow down your work, and vote, vote vote...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone, PLEASE UPVOTE THE TOPIC at the top of the page so it will get maximum attention.
We want to disable and possibly have custom splash screens instead of bad and/or offensive images forced on us.
Screenshot 2022-10-14 at 11.35.00 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with this.
It might be a little bit different, but what more and more people are talking about is that we have to see a lot of splash screens right now.
Until ps2015, loading was very fast, so when you press the shortcut icon, the splash screen goes so fast that you can't even see it properly, so there were few complaints about it.

However, the loading speed of the PS (especially the Windows version) is getting longer (even with ssd, m.2 drive), so it seems that the user's dissatisfaction is bound to deepen.
So... 
To be honest, when I used Photoshop, which had a fast loading, I didn't know what the splash screen of that version was all year round.

It is also good to allow users to customize the splash screen, or if you make the loading speed as fast as before CC, the complaint will be reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Please. I know "everyone is a critic", but there have been some ugly splash screens of late. Adobe, if you can't (read: won't bother to) do customization, just make the splash image a boring "Ps" logo. Then I won't wince when I start up the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and carry that through all the CC suite, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I didn't mind the splash screen until today.

No offense to the artist, but I would like to see something less aggressive when opening an app designed towards creativity.

teriyaki_0-1677764158544.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and frankly I don't understand why they have to be so intrusive. The car was ok, but now we're back to the deformed faces again. Why can't it be just...design? God knows I'm no CS6 nostalgic, but the CS splash screens were elegant, sophisticated and product-defining without the loud voice. That's the way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit>Preferences and check the box that hides the splash screen. Unfortunately you can't do that for Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the thinking on this one? The message is (to me) basically "Women should be beautiful but remain silent." I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it but when I first saw it, my reaction was "Seriously? No mouth? [ Removed by Moderator ]

PS.24.2.0.Screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a valid point, but to be fair, on a scale of political correctness you could just as well tie it to freedom of speech.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" I dunno, maybe I'm reading too much into it"

============

I think so. 

It looks genderless to me. In fact, less human and more AI.  Perhaps the face of a ChatGPT.  😄

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Adobe! We love all sorts of art and graphics but sometimes....  Yours stink! We need the ability to edit or customize splash screens, If only to choose from others that are "aproved" Good gravy!!!!  Cmon MAN!

Votes

Translate

Translate