• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get the Circle Shape Tool to "pivot" the circle it's creating?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my laptop, I'm able to use the circle shape tool where it's drawn on the circumference, and is able to be pivoted on the "starting anchor" while growing or shrinking:

delete-gif.gif

However, on my new desktop (same version of Photoshop), the circle does not pivot, and the "anchor" isn't on the circumference at all, but rather the starting value of X and Y.

delete-gif2.gif

How can I get my desktop circle tool to behave how it does on my laptop?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hold down Space bar to be able to move circle. Release Space bar to continue drawing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wasn't aware this was an option! It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but it will absolutely save me so much time and trouble if I cannot find the exact solution I'm looking for. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Mel. I am not used to the first behavior. Which laptop is it? Could there be a modifier changing the behavior? What input method are you using? Trackpad? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering the same sort of thing.  Is it a Touch behaviour with a track pad perhaps?  I've never been able to make it work that way myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a Wacom Intuos tablet for both the laptop and the desktop, I simply plug it into whichever one I'm using. I don't use a trackpad or mouse for either. The laptop is a HP Envy Notebook, which I just remembered *does* have a touch-screen mode available on default (though I'd had it disabled for years because I didn't want to use my fingers and did not own a proper pen for it, so I forgot about that!).

I am glad to know this isn't a simple "toggle this option on" type of answer that I was missing. I'm glad to know that something like that, outside Photoshop itself, can possibly be activating this behavior. I will look into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines