• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I keep my "normal' window pallets from disappearing every time I re-open Photoshop?

Advocate ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default I have had the tools pallete open and the Layers/Channels/Paths in one pallet together also open. These always appeared wenever I opened Photoshop and were always there. NOW, for some reason the Tools palette is checked in the Windows menu but not visible, I need to constantly open the Windows menu and uncheck the Tools pallete and then reopen the Window pallette and check the Tools pallette to get it to appear. Same thing with the group of Layers/Channels/Paths pallette is not showing when I open Photoshop where it was always usually there by default. NOW I need to go into the Windows menu and check Layers to get that group of items to show up. I've checked preferences which is called  'Settings' in Phototshop and cannot find a place where default window settings might be. I'm at a loss on this one and it is frustrating to loose a familiar working environment and have to do work arounds to bring it back to normal life. Any advice on this or way to fix? 

TIA,

Ken

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Thanks Jeff, As it turns out, the workspace I had saved somehow became the 'void' workspace I had been fighting. Saving the workspace to the way I like it and saving by overwriting the previously saved has fixed things back to normal for me. btw, I just updated Ventura and have not had any problems with it, so glad to say. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your using macOS Ventura?

It's possible your photoshop preferences have gotten corrupted so resetting them may fix the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jeff, As it turns out, the workspace I had saved somehow became the 'void' workspace I had been fighting. Saving the workspace to the way I like it and saving by overwriting the previously saved has fixed things back to normal for me. btw, I just updated Ventura and have not had any problems with it, so glad to say. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines