Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

how do I move my current swatches to my library

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have quite a few custom swatches and in the past I have always saved them as and .aco file.  I am now learning how to use the libraries and like the idea behind them, but I have not been able to figure how to move them enmass to the library.  I have seen postings about how to move swatches from the library to then swatch panel but nothing on how to move them from the swatch panel to the library.  Please help!!

TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Libraies are incredibly useful.  One of my favourite Photoshop features.  You can create a new library group for each client, and save colours, fonts, smart objects etc. to that Library, and access it any time from anywhere in the world with internet access.  Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'll let this person explain

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Something else that might be helful, if you use Photoshop to draw or paint, then a lot of Photoshop artists make colour pallets inside the document window 9on its own layer of course.  You can right click and grab any of the colours in your pallet.  You can also mix colours together to create exactly the hue you need.

Make Hundreds of Color Palettes from 1 COLOR! - Design Tutorial - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines