• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I recover a PSB file? Shows only 1 layer when opened in photoshop while I had 90 layers?

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, There! Help me out I'm in big trouble.
So, actually what happens is I was working on manipulation artwork for 2days and saved the file as a "PSB large document" as I was working on the project suddenly due to an unexpected system shutdown due to electricity fluctuation. When I opened the PSB file again after an hour. It's just showing only "1layer" while I have (90+ layers before).
The size of the PSB is 735MB but shows only one layer when opened.
How can I fix this issue and recover my layers back? This all happen due to an unexpected system shut down and the PSB files crashed.

Please help me out with how can I recover the file? I had spent quality time making it. Thank you!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you are working out of Dropbox or some other form of cloud storage where you can access earlier versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, I will be using Mega drive in the future to save my progress and upload the file there so that I have a backup option uploaded there, whenever I've any PSD crashed issue will download the earlier version file from there.
But what about now? I didn't upload any earlier version files to the cloud? Is it still possible to recover my crashed PSB file?
How can I refrain from this issue in the future so, that when photoshop suddenly shut down and I don't lose my file. This is frustrating as I've done much work on the file, I also enabled auto save in preference and set the time to 5mins so I get a backup option in case of sudden system shutdown. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines