• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove a downloaded neural filter from my local disk?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I downloaded the Photo Restoration neural filter to test it. The download was nearly 900 MB. After playing with it for a little bit, I don't think I need that tool. How do I remove it from my local disk? That's a large amount of data to have on your disk if you're not going to use it. But I don't see an option to remove the filter.

I'm on a Mac, Ventura 13.3.1.

Thank you in advance for any help!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Hi @Gonzalo FG  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/PHSP/version/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\
PluginsStorage\PHSP\22\Internal\com.adobe.nfp.gallery\PluginData

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Gonzalo FG  ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/UXP/PluginsStorage/PHSP/version/Internal/com.adobe.nfp.gallery/PluginData

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info. I just deleted all contents of the PluginData folder. On relaunch, the Presets folder (within PluginData) was regenerated and all downloaded filters were gone. Problem solved.

But, honestly, I don't understand why that is not an option in the app. I mean, if you can download plug-ins and filters, you should also be able to easily uninstall them. Or is that naive of me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I wouldn't fret about 900 MB - if you are that concerned I would be reviewing my HD usage to make sure I always have at at least 500 GB free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s nothing naive about your suggestion. It would be nice to be able to delete these easily, like for students who could only afford a laptop with 256GB storage. You should suggest that as a feature request in the Ideas section of this community. For example, request that there be a Delete option for any filter in the list, or maybe right-click a filter and choose Delete. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you! I just posted the suggestion. I am new here, so I'm still kind of finding my way around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2023 Jun 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @kevin stohlmeyer ! I'm facing the same issue but on Windows 10. Would you be able to direct me to a solution to reset/remove downloaded filters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2023 Jun 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but i Couldn't find this pass

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Poelsheikh

This thread is from Photoshop 2021, so in Photoshop 2023, "22" becomes "24", and in Photoshop 2024, "22" becomes "25".

Can't find that either? .

--
Susumu Iwasaki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried this but I can't find this path on my computer. In users, default there is no folder appdata. If I use search I find it but the following maps are not there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacqueline24107761ez2b Mac or Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacqueline24107761ez2b there are solutions posted in this thread for both mac (finder) and Windows.

This is the path for Windows users: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\UXP\

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's my problem, I can't find this path. There is no AppData in Users although I found it via search. But then there is no roaming. Is it possible that those maps are hidden? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they may be hidden. The Adobe help article that lists a lot of the settings locations (Preference file functions, names, locations | Photoshop) anticipates that you might run into this, so it links to another Adobe help article that tells you how to get to the hidden locations (Show hidden files and folders in Windows, or for Mac users, Can't see user library files in macOS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much. Now I found the whole path. What do I delete exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but things must have changed since April.  I am running PS 2024 25.0.1 and Ventura 13.6 and there isn't a PluginsStorage subdivision in the UXP folder.   I would like to delete the neural filter I downloaded as I will not be using it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MarkNF I have the same - it is stored in the User Library not the system.

In Finder Menu GO hold the Opt key to show the hidden user Library. Then navigate to the UXP folder.

kevinstohlmeyer_0-1699035998196.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the finder menu? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines