Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save settings?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_0-1612982174183.png

This is what it looks like whenever I open up Photoshop. 

_1-1612982246729.png

I want it to look like this. So every time I open up a new document, or open up Photoshop for the first time, I have to close multiple tab groups, drag the tools bar to the right, change the color bar to color wheel, and reinstall a brushes .abr file.

Is there a way for Photoshop to remember these preferences, or do I have to do this manually every time?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Have you saved a custom workspace for youself? Upper right corner - click on the dropdown next to the icon to the right of the magnifying glass. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a permissions issue on your PC. Are you logged in as an administrator?

Does Photoshop have read/write permissions to the preferences folder location?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding! It turned out that creating a new workspace was what I needed, but I appreciate your help very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you saved a custom workspace for youself? Upper right corner - click on the dropdown next to the icon to the right of the magnifying glass. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's what fixed it! Thank you so much for your help, I knew there had to be a way to get the settings fixed but couldn't find it until your advice 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I save my workspace does that save my brushes and other downloads like patterns too. When I add brushes and actions, then log off and come back my new ones are gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You still need to save those separately - they are not considered part of a workflow.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/how-to-externally-save-brushes-in-cc-... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines