How do I stop auto select from auto checking when I press ALT CTRL

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have text in my document. I press v to get the move tool I right click on a layer to select  I press alt ctrl to drag and copy a layer and it selects the text and copies the text.   The auto select box checks itself when I press alt ctrl.    how do I tell photoshop that I do not want that box to be checked  

PHotoshopquestion.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see if I select the select tool and press ctrl + alt then the autoselect does not activate the autoselect.  Soemthing is wrong here with this when the move tool and the shortcut for copy are working against each other - hopefully I can use a older version of photoshop. do they let us do this still ?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alt + drag, you do not need to hold down and Ctrl to copy (duplicate) with Move tool active.

You can use older version, install it using CC Desktop app. Before that try suggestion above, if still does not work as expected you can also try to reset preferences what is general advice for all things weird but in this case I think you are just holding one key more or key which is not required for copy command to be activated.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines