• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop Photoshoot from selecting a shape path when I click on a retangle

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open photoshop I am able to select a layer which is consists of a Retangle with a layer mask and resize the mask, but sometime this doesn't work and Ctrl-T only allows me to resize the retangle and not the mask. This is because when i click on the layer Photoshoot is automatically selecting a shape path, and i have to unselect it. the only way to fix it is to restart photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible? 

What are you clicking in the Layers Panel – the Layer’s icon or the Layer Mask’s icon? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. The lay is made up of a 'retangle' which has a mask applied to it. When the problem happens it doesn't matter if i click on the retangle or the mask in the layers pannel, photoshop selects the path and trying to rezise the layer results in the retangle being resized but not the mask. I have figured out that when the problem happens if i click on the retangle tool, and then press enter i am able to rezise both retangle and mask. The issue is never present when opening the file, i click on the layer and check the path panel and there's no temp path, but at some point that changes. i click on the layer, and the blue outline appears around the retangle and there's a temp path in the path panel. I don't know what triggers it or what stops it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

• That is obviously not the screenshot I requested … »the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Paths, Options Bar, …) visible«

• A Shape Layer’s Shape Path/Vector Mask is not a »temp path«. 

To transform a Layer the Move Tool seems the ideal tool, to transform a Shape Layer including Layer Mask with a path-related Tool selected try delelecting the Shape Path in the Paths Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines