• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I sync all my Photoshop tools like brushes and textures to any cloud storage service?

Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2022 Nov 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator I can store all my brushes, swatches and symbols in the document profile file Print.ai.

I sync that file to OneDrive.

Is it possible to use a single file to store all my photoshop custom tools that I imported (brushes, textures, actions, etc) like in a document profile file or in some other photoshop file that i could sync to OneDrive?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris P. Bacon wrote:

In Illustrator I can store all my brushes, swatches and symbols in the document profile file Print.ai.

Illustrator and Photoshop store their assets differently. Illustrator stores brushes, swatches, symbols, and styles in .ai files. Every file instantly becomes a library, or you can on-purpose save a library from the panel menu. If you store them all in one file called print.ai, it will be a larger file than it needs to be. To reduce the file size, Illustrator users will go to each of those four panel menus to select the unused assets and delete them.

Photoshop saves these and other assets in the application, not in the documents. You can go to the panel menus and save the Swatches, Action Sets, Gradients, etc., that you create. Or you can use the Presets Manager.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/where-are-brushes-stored/td-p/1169827...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the assets are still stored in one folder somewhere.

Or in one file.

I want to sync that file to OneDrive.

It seems that it's suitable to use the Preset Manager.

Could you advise which file or folder should I sync to have a copy of all my PS assets and tools in the cloud?

My laptop could be gone a day, and then all my assets would be gone.

So storing everything in the application itself is not a good idea.

I know theres Adobe Cloud (libraries) but I want a generic solution, so I could use any cloud service, not just Adobe.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is, I am trying to sync my presets folder or file to OneDrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally synced the Presets photoshop folder to OneDrive.

I hope that will do what I want.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems since there's no document profile file in Photoshop as in Illustrator, best is to save all Photoshop custom assets (brushes, actions, LUTs, etc) directly into a cloud storage folder, from where they can be loaded into Photoshop anytime.

That's what I decided to do, if anyone knows any better, welcome to post it.

So only for the sake of backups there's no need to bother with presets and syncing Photoshop folders, because they contain the default files too, except that if everything custom needs to be restored, restoring via the presets would be faster perhaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But making all custom assets a preset takes also a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did, but Sync Presets uses the Creative Cloud, and I want to use any cloud service.

The issue is that it seems that I have to save brushes one by one as a preset, to get them into the brushes folder within the presets folder.

I want to sync my Presets folder to Google Drive.

The issue is that Syncing the whole presets folder is a bit of an overkill.

Is there no way of creating a folder, and putting all my assets in that folder in categories (brushes, actions, etc.) and then sync only that folder to Google Drive?

Because basically it's possible to load any assets from any location into Photoshop.

Saving them in Photoshop it means to add them to the Presets folder.

But what if I make a separate folder and I only keep my custom assets there so they won't mix up with the default assets?

Then "saving" would mean that they are saved in Google Drive.

And all of them can be loaded anyways in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines