• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do You Increase Camera RAW Interface Font Size?

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you increase the font size in Camera RAW's interface within Photoshop? When opened via Bridge, ACR seems to inherit Bridge preferences - but not so in Photoshop. I got a higher resolution monitor, and now ACR is almost unusable for me. (Yes, I changed my video settings in Windows 10).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

What version of Photoshop and what version of the camera raw plug-in are you using?

Current versions (Photoshop 22.x and Camera Raw 13.x) get their scaling from the OS. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/hidpi-retina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see post a screen capure showing your problem and note your displays ppi

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a 32-inch "2K" monitor - 2560 x 1440 pixels, 93 ppi.

With display settings set at 125%, the ACR interface is tiny, no matter

how I set interface preferences in Photoshop.

Attached ACR_Small_Screen.jpg is a screenshot with UI Font Size set to

large and UI Scaling set to Auto (100% and 200% settings have no effect

on font size).

With display settings set at 150%, the ACR interface is HUGE, no matter

how I set interface preferences.

Attached ACR_Giant_Screen.jpg is a screenshot with UI Font Size set to

tiny and UI Scaling set to Auto (100% and 200% settings have no effect

on font size).

I shut down and restarted Windows, and shut down and restarted Photoshop

at each stage.

I find that the tiny font is hard to use, the giant font requires

scrolling to get through the settings - I'd love to have the happy

medium that I had before. Photoshop's UI Font Size setting doesn't seem

to have any effect on the ACR Font Size.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you need to use the web interface instead of replying to email to attach screenshots.

Which version of Camera Raw and Photoshop are you using? 19.1.4 for Ps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018 May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Windows Display Setting set to 125%, Photoshop UI Font Size set to large and UI Scaling set to Auto (100% and 200% settings have no effect

on font size).

ACR_Small_Screen.jpg

With Windows Display Setting set to 150%, Photoshop UI Font Size set to tiny and UI Scaling set to Auto (100% and 200% settings have no effect

on font size).

ACR_Giant_Screen.jpg

Photoshop 19.1.4; ACR 10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where are these "window Display" and "Photoshop UI" settins?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem ! Do you have a fix now ? Please I am so stuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone here has found solution for the super tiny fontsize of camera raw in PHotoshop? it hurts my eyes. So tiny, very tiny, thanks

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop and what version of the camera raw plug-in are you using?

Current versions (Photoshop 22.x and Camera Raw 13.x) get their scaling from the OS. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/hidpi-retina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeffrey, i'm using latest version of PHotoshop and Camera raw on my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The document I posted above should help.

Photoshop offers a full range of choices for UI scaling—from 100% through 400% in 25% increments.

Photoshop adjusts its resolution based on your Windows settings:

• In Windows, select Start > Settings > System > Display. Now, under Scale And Layout, choose a scaling factor for each of your displays. See Microsoft Support for View display settings in Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiny.jpg

I'm using 15.6 inch of laptop, and this small fontsize really hurts my eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just set my Start > Settings > System > Display then choose Scale and Layout. Choosed to 175%, my photoshop font become bigger and look ugly, and my camera raw is still small, just become a little bigger.

Set the photoshop preferrences , edit -> preferrences -> interface -> UI Font size -> Large , it makes photoshop bigger and a little ugly, but camera raw is still same, same font size.

Are you sure the solution to make Camera Raw font size bigger is windows display setting? any another solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to scale individual elements of the UI. It's all controlled by the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2022 Sep 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no way to make biger Camera row fonts? Is that what your are saying ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry that's wrong, you only could choose 150% at windows to get a coorect scaling in camera raw. but windows allows you to set the scale to 125%, which woulkd be ignor by camera raw. 125% is perfect for my 4k 32" screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't think, that the problem is solved here. I also do not see the answer to the question.

The question was:

"why the ACR GUI looks different when opened from Bridge (for me it looks correct) and when opened from PS (for me is the whole right sight i.e fonts symbols etc. too big)"

I am using Photoshop 2022 and the CR 14.5 and it seems, that the problem persists.

Thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Camera Raw is a plugin, and its host application needs to support non-integrer scaling (125, etc) in order for ACR to scale accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So following this logic, the PS does not support this feature (non-integrer scaling), while the Bridge does.
So it seems clearly to be a PS bug. Other there are another reasons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've faced problems with gigantic UI in Camera Raw. My laptop has a small screen, usually I used 150% scaling in Windows 10. It's in the Display settings, from there scroll down to "Scale and Layout" section.

But that would make the Camera RAW interface gigantic and my small screen couldn't hold the whole Camera RAW interface in it then. Camera RAW window then goes out of my screen area. So, I decreased the Windows 10 layout to 148% and that solved the problem. It has decreased the whole camera raw ui size. Though that hurts my eyes, but it now fits in my laptops screen.

I think you can try scaling up the Windows 10 layout size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is OK. But this still does not answers my question - "why the ACR GUI looks different when opened from Bridge (for me it looks correct) and when opened from PS (for me is the whole right sight i.e fonts symbols etc. too big)"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines