• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you link an adjastment layer to the underneath layer only

Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AL.pngHi, many years ago I used to link an adjustment layer to the underneath layer. That was done with option click or command click I don't remember. Certainly not control click. This is important when your underlying layer is a patch, a small portion because you don't want the effect on the whole image.

In this case my patch is in layer 1. For "patch" I mean a portion of layer 0 brought up to layer 1 with Command C, Command V. The resulting link was a rght angle arrow pointing from the A Layer to the underlying layer. Doing the above I don't obtain anything. Thanks

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Alt-click between the layers to clip to underlying layer. You'll see a small arrow symbol in the clipped layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

@margieannejulie you have 2 options to create a clipping mask, either ALT click between the 2 layers or right click on the adjustment layer and select create clipping mask

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AL.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alt-click between the layers to clip to underlying layer. You'll see a small arrow symbol in the clipped layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse you beat me by 17 seconds 😁

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you should have skipped that coffee, Ged 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@margieannejulie you have 2 options to create a clipping mask, either ALT click between the 2 layers or right click on the adjustment layer and select create clipping mask

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it was between the 2, that's why, harder to know who was first, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@margieannejulie 

For clarity (and for others who see this in the future), because you are on a Mac it's Option+Click between the layers 😊.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@jane-e I missed the MAC bit 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines