How do you load keyboard shortcuts?

Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I don't get it: The keyboard-shortcuts dialog has a way to save sets of shortcuts, but no way to load them.  What is the point then?

Thanks for any insight.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011
I wouldn't make any estimates of engineering time without some basis.  I don't make any expertise claims, because they invariably sound pompous and this is an anonymous forum and nobody can prove anything, so why bother?  But since you brought it up twice: Yes, I have 20 years of professional programming experience in customer-facing, image-processing and editing software (among several other kinds) on Windows, Mac, and Unix.Even that doesn't mean I know Adobe's code base (which, in a product as...

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found if you double click the .kys file it will open in Photoshop and it will automatically set the shortcuts you saved in that file. I hope this help you.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  Most users wouldn't do that, but I guess for now it's the most convenient workaround for Adobe's petulant refusal to fix this.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None of my presets migrated upgrading from PS 2019 to 2021. Have been going in maddening circles all day trying to get my keyboard shortcuts to appear in PS 2021 (exporting/importing, dragging/dropping, incantations, endless Adobe forum arguements, YouTube, etc) and just happened to see your simple, beautiful one sentence solution. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that I am reading this in 2020 and it's still not fixed 😄 
It's funny how people can jump to defend almost anythng, including a giant corporation with honestly almost monopoly on the graphics market when someone makes a very valid complain about a nonsensical user experience which breaks all the rules established by not only adobe itself but also kind of the rest of the world doing softwere ever: the rule that if you can save a thing, you usually can load a thing and the two icons tend to be close by. Adobe markets as a professional product that is also user friendly. That is absolutely not a user friendly solution we are talking about here. End of topic 😄 Come on, people. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this problem when PS updated and wiped out my custom keybinds. I googled it and found this thread- but ironically no real "solution".   So I started messing around with it.

I discovered that if you simply open the custom .kys file you create when you export the shortcuts, it installs them. 

Not well documented and bizarre, but that's Adobe for you *shrug*.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines