• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you make images fade from one frame to the next in a frame animation?

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a 35 second video with audio. Each frame is one just an image but at the moment they jump from one to the next, how can I make them fade into into each other?

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

You can also use timeline animation

Just select image/Layer you want to Fade In and set its Opacitu to 0% then open Layer Settings in Animation/Timeline Panel and add keyframe (stopwatch)

Then move Playback head some frames later and choose Opacity to 100 - Kayframe will automaticly added

all

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fading beetween two frames is not possible. You fave to use more frames.

Select first frame with second layer opacity to 0 and second frame with the same layer with opacity 100% then go to Animation/Timeline panel options and choose Tween Command. Here you need enter some frames in beetween - thats all

Pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawel, i, I'm making some gifs using around 16 frames and wonder if you might know how I could create a fade between each frame as a batch. .  I have played around inserting frames using the tween feature but I then have to adjust the duration for each of these for a short fade (otherwise the fade is very slow) ... it's all very long winded!

Many thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use timeline animation

Just select image/Layer you want to Fade In and set its Opacitu to 0% then open Layer Settings in Animation/Timeline Panel and add keyframe (stopwatch)

Then move Playback head some frames later and choose Opacity to 100 - Kayframe will automaticly added

all

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use the video timeline

Click at the bottom left of the timeline panel to convert to Video timeline.

Zoom in /out to see the Video timeline

Then click on the right arrow next to each layer to show the key frame lines and insert new key frames for opacity next to each layer in turn

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an better way. Take the two photos and load them in to imovie. then just put a cross desolve between the photos. DONE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines