• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

How do you save Photoshop edits back to Lightroom classic in jpeg-I can only do it in tiff?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you save photoshop edits back to Lightroom classic in jpeg-I can only do it in tiff?Saving 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences > External Editing > Additional External Editor and choose Photoshop as external editor one more time. Set JPEG for File Format.

preferences to edit in photoshop.jpg

In Lightroom right click on image then choose Edit In > Edit in Photoshop.exe option which will be below default, second from the top. Do not make layers or flatten image before saving back.

edit in photoshop.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.  I hesitate to mess with the Topas additional editors in the preferences but through your answer found that redoing the tiff file, I could edit it in the jpeg then just remove the oversized tiff file. It may be that I was flatening the layers before closing.  I didn't know that could effect how it is saved.

TCRMD_1-1666713939486.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines