• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How should I go about this simple project?

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, 

I'm trying to take my photos and put them on a white border in photoshop so that when I print them, they have a white border. The thing is, I'm trying to make them all very consistent and with a specific amount of white border.  SO- here's the question: How do I go about setting up a 16x20" print with a 10x15" image smack in the middle of it? Further- how should I set this up so I can do it with all of my images? Can I make an action out of this somehow? 

I will also want to do this with larger and smaller sized prints which would concordantly have different ratios of image/border. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making such stuff adaptive will typically require a script, as the functions needed like the Resize Canvas use either absolute pixels or percentages, but cannoit calculate a consistent border of their own. The other part of the equation is of course your printer, which may be the better answer here. You could try to dial in a fixed non-printable area, assuming you actually use already pre-cut photo paper of the intended output size.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the input! I was thinking maybe there's some way to have the same white 16x20" (@300ppi) and just drop a full size image onto it and have there be some way of making every image the same size. 

I'm sending my files to a printing house, so I don't use my own printer unfortunately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines