• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a canvas guide across multiple artboards

Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to add a single canvas guide after multiple artboards have been created?

For instance, I have a project with multiple canvas guides on it, which I then turned it into an artboard and duplicated that artboard. Now whenever I drag a new guide down from the ruler it becomes an artboard guide and is only visible when the specific artboard from which it was created is selected. But what if I want to create a new canvas guide for both artboards?

So far the only work around I can see is to select 'View > New Guide Layout...' and a create rows or columns, but this creates multiple guides and to be honest, is a bit time consuming having to use the product nav and then move the guide manually to its intended position.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Hi

If you select more than one artboard in the layers panel and drag a guide from the ruler, then you will get a canvas guide.

If you use View >New Guide layout you can target individual art board, multiple artboards, or canvas layouts

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you select more than one artboard in the layers panel and drag a guide from the ruler, then you will get a canvas guide.

If you use View >New Guide layout you can target individual art board, multiple artboards, or canvas layouts

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave.

I have been struggling with this one for a while and could't found anything in Photoshop help/support regarding having to select multiple artboards in order to create a canvas guide, so this is super helpful.

Jeremy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Guides always show throughout the whole canvas for me, even if you selected an Artboard first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maaan! thanks!! I was wondering about this for a while!

Makes sense now: select all artboards and just drag a rule guide like always... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines