• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to align many rotated images

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To create a 360-degree view of a product, several photos of the product are shot as it rotates on a turntable. The images are then assembled with software such as [Link removed by moderator] Perfectly centering the product before the photos are taken to avoid a wobbling effect in the 360-view is challenging, particularly for a wine bottle for example.

I’ve attempted to align 36 shots of a jar in Photoshop, but I’m just not coming up with a good workflow. I’ve tried loading the images into layers, object selection/new layer via copy, and the move tool, but it’s a messy process to align them. I’d greatly appreciate comments and suggestions to help with this project.
Thank you.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your description I can't imagine what and how you'd like to align.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s an example: https://snap36.com/360-gallery/wine-bottle/

When the turntable on which the product is approximately centered is rotated and shot 36 times as it's rotated, you’ll notice that it's slightly off-axis or off-center. The person who shot the 36 individual stills in this example did a good job of manually aligning the bottle, but it wasn’t good enough to stop a complaint or two. Centering a product manually is tough, so I imagined it might be easier to align it in Photoshop. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the wine bottle on a turntable and shoot/capture a video using your DSLR.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's how it's usually done, but the video is usually unacceptable if the axis isn't spot on. It's too challenging (time-consuming) to perfectly center a bottle on a platform and also align the lens perfectly. I'm sure it can be done in Photoshop, but I'm struggling with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here's an example of a bad job. Watch the base of the product as it rotates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello did you find any solution for the Problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Betreff -
the solution suggested was impractcal, in my opinion. The solution was to remove the backgound of all images and automatically align the layers. Well, that works, but its tedious and takes too much time if there are at least 36 layers, for example.

To solve the challenge I use Blender to create 3D models and in Photoshop or Illustrator merge an artwork layer, if the client or their designer has those files—if not the artwork has to be recreated. I'm still refining a work process for generating product images, but to date I'd say this way is better than editing photos.

fwiw, I tried all kinds of gadgets to shoot product images that are perfectly aligned. I gave up 😞

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found now a solution that works quite fine for me.

Put all photos in singel layers and select them. Go to edit - Auto aling layers and then choose spherical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines