• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply Puppet Warp programmatically(via Photoshop Scripting or C++ plugins)?

Participant ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I would like to know how can we apply Puppet Warp programmatically on TIFF images. I'd prefer Photoshop Scripting(Javascript) but also open to C++ plugin.

My requirement is to apply the Puppet Warp as Smart Filters on the selected art layer which is already converted to Smart Object. (Please refer to attached image.)

PuppetWarp01.png

In other words I want to automate the following manual process:
1. User selects Puppet Warp menu item in Edit menu.
2. Modify Puppet Warp parameters by changing Density to More Points, Expansion to 20 px.

3. Placing some anchor points.

4. Pressing Enter key or clicking check button to commit the Puppet Warp.

This way user has option to enable the Puppet Warp mesh and anchor points again by just double clicking the Puppet Warp in Smart Filters in Photoshop's Layers panel. (Please refer to attached image.)

PuppetWarp02.png

I've tried to achieve this using Photoshop's Actions and also using Photoshop Javascript Listener plugin.

Using Photoshop's Actions, I recorded the action to apply Puppet Warp(creation of mesh and placing some anchor pins) on the selected art layer but the limitation of this is I cannot play this action on other image/layer. And I think the reason for this is the data generated for the various vertices of mesh and anchor pins are specific to the non transparent image pixel data of the selected art layer at the time of recording.

Using Javascript Listener plugin, a gigantic code is generated(approximately 60K LOC) in my case which is extremely difficult to decipher and reverse engineer to make it usable for my purpose. And executing the same generated code has the same limitation as I described here above in case with using Photoshop's Actions.

Any idea/suggestion/solution is highly appreciated. Also let me know if need some more details or something is unclear. And my duck design is copyright protected :).

Thanks and Regards,
Manish S.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about your problem. I'm just curious how you define LOC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I should've used 60K lines of code instead of 60K LOC, as the LOC has specific meaning in Software engineering. And in this case its the enormous amount of data that is occupying the majority in that generated code..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lines of Code 😉 Regarding your request, learn Action Manager, perhpas it helps somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion but if you meant to learn following from Adobe Photoshop Scripting Guide pdf documentation then I already know these and using these means I need to dive into that Mariana trench like code(or should I've used Lines Of Code 😉 instead of trench).

Anyway, what do you think about the feasibility of my requirement using a C++ plugin for Photoshop?

ActionManager.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is also documentation for C++ to make Photoshop plugin, but I never tried it. I don't know how experienced you are, but have you tried to browse this scripting forum to find samples how to use AM for maybe not exact goal you have but something that's close to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand your point. I will look into use of Action Manager in that vast code. There is a well known scripting expert like you, named as Xbytor, I've found his comment here: Scripting "Puppet Warp"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines