• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to array a String of Library elements along a Curved Path?

Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I would like to array a Square Library Element (Tile) along an Arced Path, but am unsure how to do so. The Tile is a raster image.

I attached a referance of the Template/Guide image showing the Red Dotted Arc. The Tiles need to be laid out abutting each other along this Arc.

Could you point me to resouces on how to do this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

RD 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it need to stay editable? If not Scripted Patterns might suffice. 

Otherwise a Scripting approach might help … 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/script-for-distributing-smart-object-...

But ultimately (if the illustration can be expressed in vector at least) it might be a better fit for Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah! I tried to link to the helpx file that deals about scripted patterns, but there is none...

here's one page on the topic: https://planetphotoshop.com/scripted-patterns.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that can be done with the scripted fill along a path. You will need to save your file as a pattern to your harddrive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines