• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to assign PS2023 as default.

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting from bridge 2013 and then going to PS, defaults to PS 2022. Cannot assign PS2023 as default app. But when opening PS2023 first, then can go to Bridge 2013 and it will bring me back to PS2023.  How to define PS2023 as default when opening Bridge first.  Windows computer.  I tried the "default apps" section and PS2023 is not even listed.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cindy gosselin 

This may or may not solve it for you, but I had this issue for two versions when I chose a custom folder in the CC app for installing applications. When I reset it to the default location, I could once again set the current version as my default.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall and reinstall.

This happens to a lot of people when checking "remove old versions". What happens is that the old version is uninstalled after the new one is in place, and then the old/outgoing version takes file associations with it on the way out.

In the future, always follow strict version order both ways. When uninstalling, always start with the newest and work backwards. Then install/reinstall the one you want to keep. This is completely safe and avoids all problems.

I feel I've been talking about this in the general direction of a brick wall for years. I've posted bug reports based on the avalanche of threads we get with every new version. Nobody seems to listen. This has been a problem at least since CS3 in 2008 (when I first encountered it) and probably before that. I've installed/uninstalled in version order ever since, and haven't had any more problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse wrote:

I feel I've been talking about this in the general direction of a brick wall for years. ... Nobody seems to listen.

I listen @D Fosse!

Although I keep all older versions on my Macs, my Windows computer is primary for online Microsoft classes and for testing differences between Mac/Win in Adobe apps. I thought about you AND your advice as I first uninstalled both 2022 and 2021 then installed 2022 and 2023 in proper order. 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you do 🙂

I think this is probably a Windows specific problem, I don't think I've heard about it from Mac users. And as such, maybe even a problem in the interface between Windows and the Adobe installer. So who's going to fix it? Easy to play catch the ball here.

But there should at least be an easy workaround in the CC installer. Just change the order of operations. If the user checks "remove", the installer should first look for and uninstall - in reverse version order! - any old versions present. Then, after a coffee break to catch its breath, it can go on and install the new version.

As I said elsewhere, the root cause is probably more complex than it seems at first. You could say, why can't a version in the process of being uninstalled simply look for a newer version and make sure file associations are passed on correctly? But wait - how would it know what this newer version is even called? It can't. Naming conventions change all the time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just make sure I open the version that I want to use, first, then open a file. Always installing new versions and, for me, it's not worth reinstalling. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

lvartist_1-1667244692429.png

In Bridge Prefferences - Files Associations make change for PSD files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines