• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Auto-scew layers when you pan from left to right on an image.

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI!  

I'm fairly new to Adobe photoshop, and I have a specific goal I want to achieve.  I've created a test image as a reference to help visualize what I'm attempting to do here.  

There is an effect in the following video ( time 0.56 to 1.50 ) I wish to emulate for my current project.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0S92Fs5gOg 

My aim is to create the 3d effect of movement on the sidewalk, so that as I pan from left to right, the bottom layer scews left to right as well.

This is the original test image unaltered
3d scewing trial.png

I wish to make the image scew from left to right like so as I pan across the image left to right.

3d scewing trial scewed left.png3d scewing trial.png3d scewing trial scewed right.png

Is there a technique I can employ so that the image automatically scews the bottom sidewalk layer left to right as I pan from left to right?

Thanks for your time!  I greatly appreciate any advice the community has to help me achieve my goal.  

-Trench-

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The attributes you can tween in the Video Timeline are Position, Opacity, and Style. Photoshop doesn't animate skewing.

You could create a frame-by-frame animation by applying various amounts of skewing to separate layers and using those layers as frames in a Frame Animation.

Another option would be to take a look at Adobe Animate where you can animate skewing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines