• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to automate to segregate landscape and portrait images separately

Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a folder with sub-folder that is full of images. Sub-folders have portrait and landscape images.

Can anyone suggest how I can automate to segregate landscape and portrait images separately using actions/scrips?

I want to keep the folder structure the same as the source folder

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make 3 actions:

- segregate

- landscape

- portrait

Insert a conditional step in the segregate action as shown here:

have it run landscape if landscape and else run portrait.

jefbr_0-1685022160734.png

then run the action on the folder while having "process sub folders" checked. Bob's your uncle. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Uncle Bob,

Unfortunately, I am not able to understand what you are suggesting. Should I first create 3 independent actions—

1. Segregate
  2. Landscape
  3. Portrait

If yes, can you please tell me what action should I record in them?

After creating these 3, I should make another action comprising all these 3.

Finally, I should use the Image Processor command to batch process the whole process? Am I right?

If not, it would be great to me help, if you could just give me action jsx file and I will highly appreciate your effort for kind help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@raeen 

Always create a new Action Set. Save the Action Set/s to .atn file.

Actions added to the Default Actions Set will eventually be lost as it is designed to reload/replace itself to restore the factory default actions. This is not the Set to create new Actions, except for temporary ones that you are OK with losing.

The Segregate action will contain the inserted conditional action step for either Landscape or Portrait orientation. It will then call/run one of the two other actions.

The Portrait and Landscape actions will contain separate processing steps for each orientation.

An example form a different recent discussion, the Portrait step isn't shown:

conditional-action.png

conditional-atn.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't have the time to create the solution, my apologies.

If it's just about filtering them out, and not about applying a modification, you can also do it in Bridge.

It has an orientation (square/portrait/landscape) filter. Like that you don't need an action or jsx file.

If that doesn't work for you, Stephen's explanation is a good clarification as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines