• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to call Topaz Sharpen from Photoshop?

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once open a image as tif file in PS, how to call Topaz Sharpen from Photoshop to sharpen it?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be listed at the bottom of your Filters menu.

If not, what version of Photoshop and Topaz plugins are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that, but some (also) put an item in Edit > Automate (E.g., Topaz Gigapixel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try to remove or uninstall Topaz Sharpen, then do a fresh install. At some point near the end of the install it should

notify you that the Photoshop plug-in is being installed.

After restarting Photoshop the filter should be available as Kevin suggests, in Filter, Topaz Labs, Sharpen.

If that fails then I would contact support at Topaz to find out how to manually install the plug-in in the appropriate folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also make sure the Plugin is compatible with the version of PS you are running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A ton of plugin "pointer files" have the extension .8bf (and some .8li).

Often you can find these in the install folder of the plugin, and you can copy these to your common plugin folder.
For me on Win 10...
c:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CC\

AFAIK, these will then link to the actual plugin (when it's not the plugin itself) and show up in the menu.

I find this very simple, but if you don't, indeed better to look at Topaz manual, FAQ, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines