Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

How to cancel monthly subscription & waive cancellation fees

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What number or who do I have to call to speak with an agent?

I have been on hold for over an hour to the customer service phone number: 800-443-8158

Can I just call the bank to dispute the charge.

Here is my story:

November of 2015, I signed up for Adobe creative cloud but realized that I no longer needed on my laptop. I called customer service to cancel the plan in July of 2016 The Agent told me I am subject to the cancellation fees 50% of the rest monthly fees. Otherwise,

" The best I can do I can give next 3 months free in your subscription Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition (one-year) or give you a discounted price for 19.99$ per month for a year " I fell for it, thinking that my subscription would be canceled after my one year contract was expired. I was clear to the agent that I did not want to renew or did I authorize automatic renewal.

Now, I am being charged for $29.99 a month and when I click cancel my account online, this appears:

If you cancel now...

• ","redEnd":"","amount":"US$149.95"}" class="ng-scope ng-binding" style="box-sizing: border-box;">You'll be charged a US$149.95 cancellation fee (50% of your remaining annual contract).

This monthly subscription is a trap, I want to escape from it and never want to use the service again. I really love the product but I hate the services. I wish Adobe goes back to the traditional software when it was so easy to purchase and use.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017
That is something you have to workout with Adobe. Users here do not work for Adobe some adobe employees do look in here.  You should contact Adobe Customer service and work your dispute out. Do not assume you are dealing with Adobe here. That is not the case.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 04, 2017 Jan 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is something you have to workout with Adobe. Users here do not work for Adobe some adobe employees do look in here.  You should contact Adobe Customer service and work your dispute out. Do not assume you are dealing with Adobe here. That is not the case.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same situation- and I haven't even been able to download product as my work laptop doesn't allow it! Tried to cancel and they want to charge £99 cancellation fee. This is fraudulent! I haven't even got the product. I've contacted bank and PayPal but Boone in Adobe has returned calls. Suggestions please 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chantal5CB4 

Contact Adobe Customer Care as only they can help with billing. Type "agent" to get a human.
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

This is a user-to-user forum and as volunteers we do not have access to billing.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean that this wasn't in the contract you accepted? Then it would be fraud. If you just didn't read the contract then you are the author of your own misfortunes, and I suggest you accept your responsibilities.

You had 14 days to cancel for free if it didn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines