• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change copyright information in .CR2 RAW files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used a rented canon body. Forgot to change/remove the copyright information of previous user. Now how can I remove them in the .CR2 RAW files. Thank you!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Canon cameras usually write in IPTC core - this section is editable in most EXIF editors.

@Laddernose try editing the metadata in Bridge (there is not only the ability to edit one file, but also convenient templates for batch replacing metadata)

2022-09-28_09-28-03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That info is baked into the raw files for Adobe apps. Adobe apps don't/shouldn't directly edit the raw file. You would need to "indirectly" edit via the info in the XMP sidecar which holds all writable data used in Adobe apps.

Testing on duplicates of the original raw files, Canon or 3rd party software may be able to directly edit the raw files, however, they may or may not corrupt or otherwise screw up the files. Can you provide a download link to a raw file for testing?

Looking at one of my CR2 files with ExifTool, there are various "personal" fields such as:

[IFD0] Artist

[IFD0] Copyright

[Canon] OwnerName
[Canon] SerialNumber

[Canon] InternalSerialNumber

Can you copy/paste the XMP code from the File > File Info > Raw tab so that the forum can be sure of the exact data you would like to change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon cameras usually write in IPTC core - this section is editable in most EXIF editors.

@Laddernose try editing the metadata in Bridge (there is not only the ability to edit one file, but also convenient templates for batch replacing metadata)

2022-09-28_09-28-03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Let me try Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jazz-y Thank you very much. It was very easy to edit in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stephen_A_Marsh Thanks a lot. as mentioned by @jazz-y I could edit easily in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Stephen_A_Marsh Thanks a lot. as mentioned by @jazz-y I could edit easily in Bridge.

By @Laddernose

You specifically asked how to remove or change the data in the raw file. To be clear, that is not editing the raw file. If you are happy with the info being changed in rendered copies of the raw file, that is fine, but not what you asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines