• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change Default Font for Type Tool

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop 23.5.0 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to change the default font for the type tool.  Somehow it's gotten set on a font I rarely use set at a ridiculously small size.  How do I reset it to something more manageable???? 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open your workspace with no document open (go to Window/Workspace).

Select the Type Tool.

Choose your font.

The default has to be set without an active open document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that and it's not working.  I tried setting it then quitting/restarting.  Nope.  Tried setting it and applying it to a new document, but not saving.  Nope.  Tried setting it, applying it to a new document and saving that document.  Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your preferences. Go to Preferences/General and click reset prefs on quit.

Quit and relaunch PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I have same problem with photoshop 25, how to turn off proportional metric for type tool in photoshop - I think this is the problem. Proportional metric have a check, but its not active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines