How to continue using Adobe Photoshop CS4 with Apple OS upgrades beyond 10.14.6

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have resisted up updating my IMac beyond 10.14.6, because I did't want to lose my Photoshop CS4, which is supposedly not compatible with the upgrade.  I cannot pay a monthly fee to continue using Photoshop either.  I'm happy with the limited tools CS4 gives me.  Is there anything I can do

to go on, without having to upgrade my Apple operating system on my IMac?  Thanks for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Apple blocked old apps completely in. Catalina. If you want to keep running old apps, you need to set up a "museum" computer with old system etc.Tto stay safe, keep that off the Internet. Beware; Adobe say the activation server is closed down and CS4 can never be reinstalled. You are in borrowed time. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you, I guess, for the scary warning that I am on borrowed time with my old system.

If I am happy with the old Adobe CS4, do you have any other suggestions of any other program I can use that
will enable texts to be printed on top of the photos I have worked on and transformed?

Thank you,
Melynnique

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines