• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a droplet to batch save raw files as jpegs.

Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new photoshop updates, adding several additional steps to my workload, I am trying to find ways to simply return to my previous desired sytem of saving images to jpegs, as a default, or at least with the fewest clicks necessary.

I also wish to create a new droplet to batch process the saving of raw images to jpegs, but am unable to make it work.  Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Raws have to be rendered in Adobe Camera Raw*, and then you can save as JPEG once opened in Photoshop. After they appear in Photoshop from Adobe Camera Raw they are not in any format; until you save them. 

* If you want to speed this up, do it in Lightroom Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raws have to be rendered in Adobe Camera Raw*, and then you can save as JPEG once opened in Photoshop. After they appear in Photoshop from Adobe Camera Raw they are not in any format; until you save them. 

* If you want to speed this up, do it in Lightroom Classic. 

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!... now I have to figure out how to "render" my raw images in Adobe Camera Raw... as they are shot in raw on my Canon camera...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!... now I have to figure out how to "render" my raw images in Adobe Camera Raw... as they are shot in raw on my Canon camera...

By @coxpix1

All the edits you apply in Adobe Camera Raw render those edits upon the raw data (which is read only) when you select the Open button to bring them into Photoshop. 

See: https://www.dpbestflow.org/image-editing/parametric-image-editing

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines