• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a space worthy text effect in Photoshop

Participant ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so i asked here a few days ago help in knowing the size i should make a PS project for a Oppo A15 wallpaper for my mother B Day. Thing is, i started the project with the size i got from a link someone shared and now i'm kinda stuck on the design. I mean, ... i have it in my head just can't seam to find a way to place it on the project.

This is complete background. Some image manipulation on a random wallpaper i found online for the night sky and used a heart shape and a glowing blue moon both from the net and manipulated them to look like that.

PS_Project.png

So far so good, next comes the text, the message i want to have on the wallpaper and on this step is where im geting trouble, i am not able to correctly create a effect that meshes or blends (watherver the term is) well with my desing, as you can see bellow i tried an effect i saw on a tutorial and tried replicating it and it does not look good at all, i dont know if it is me doing something wrong or not.

PS_Project1.png

and i also am trying to do this asteroid texture effect to see if it works, but so far no luck, im kinda feeling frustrated cuz i dont know what im doing wrong.

PS_Project2.png

Can i ask for help on how to make this text more space worthy or indication of a what i am doing wrong ??

Also if there is a specifc place to post this, i am sry but i could not find it so i came to the photoshop forum since the discution is photoshop related. And also if there it is needed more information please just ask.

Regards ASilva

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. Without knowing what you'd like to see as an end result, this is a hard question to answer. Things I'd play with:
- Try adding effects (drop shadow, inner glow, outer glow - ANY effect that doesn't incorporate a fill), using the fx list at the bottom of the layer panel. Then, play with the FILL percentage. At 100% you'll be left with the visual of your effects, with no actual pixels showing. You can also try with the gradient fill or color fill on these, but set their individual opacities within the effect itself (they never go completely transparent with the Fill option).
- Try filling the text with some other image, by laying that image in a layer over the text, selecting both layers, and creating a clipping mask (https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/clipping-masks.html)
Hope these give you a starting point.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines