• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to delete phantom Plug-in Filter after uninstall of external editor

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled Luminar 4 per Skylum's instructions when Luminar AI came out. Luminar 4 was a Photoshop plug-in. I still have Luminar 4 listed with AI in the menu drop down for plug-in filters. I found the Luminar 4 file and deleted it in Finder but it still shows up in Photoshop. Its not critical, just a messy thing I'd like to clean up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

I apologize. After working with this off and on for 3 days I have gottten frutrated. You were correct. I didnt realize there is a system library and a user library. I read your path to be ~library/. One plug-in file is in /~library and there's another plug-in file in /library. Thank you for your patience and persistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in

Machintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't have those folders or that path but found the plug-in file in the /photoshop 2021 folder. That's the file I had deleted and it still shows up in Photoshop Filters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on your desktop, then Go>Go to Folder and enter

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC

that should take you to the pluins folder i mentioned in my above post.

ccfil.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understood your instructions. As I explained, I dont have a Plug-ins folder at that location. However, I believe I found them at a different location. See results of your path and where I found them below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I apologize. After working with this off and on for 3 days I have gottten frutrated. You were correct. I didnt realize there is a system library and a user library. I read your path to be ~library/. One plug-in file is in /~library and there's another plug-in file in /library. Thank you for your patience and persistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines