• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to disable Alt key shortcut for duplication and hand tool switching to zoom tool after use?

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have a litte issue with photoshop CC while using my graphical tablet.

My tablet had buttons for tool shortcuts. I set one button to work as alt+z but the issue is that the key alt itselw turns cursor into a black arrow with small crossed arrows, which seems to quick duplicate stuff in current layer. When i need to do alt+z a few times in the row, the constant switching to this duplicating arrow slows the process a lot...

I cant find the alt shortcut in photoshop shortcut window at all so i dont know how to change it and i dont really want to change the "undo" from alt+z to anything else...

Anything i can do about this?

Second issue is that i also have a hand tool quick drag shortcut set for another tablet button.

Normal hand tool's shortcut is simply O key which switches to the tool and stays like that. The quick shortcut for hand tool, which switches back to previous tool once i no longer hold the key is the Spacebar. However when i hold my tablet button which is set to work as spacebar and i tap and drag with my pen, it works like it should, but once i lift the pen (and still hold the button), the cursor changes from hand tool to zoom in tool, stays like that for around 2 seconds and then switches back to hand...

If i hold the spacebar on my normal keyboard and drag with mouse, it works like it should, same for all other combinations like holding spacebar and drag with pen, old tablet button and drag with mouse etc, everything works. Only when i hold the tablet button and drag with pen, it switches to zoom in and back like this...

I would normally think that its an issue with my tablet, BUT i use this exact ablet on my other computer with tame photoshop CC and it works just fine.

Any idea what might be wrong here?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried using the default keyboard shortcuts and seeing if the mapping to your tablet's shortcuts work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines