• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to draw an arrow in photoshop version 21.0.2

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently upgraded my photoshop creative cloud to version 21.0.2. After the upgrade I can't find where the arrow tool is to draw an arrow. Can someone tell me where to find the arrow tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Arrow shapes have been moved to a new folder "Legacy Shapes and more..." You access them by going to Window > Shapes and if you do not see it in the panel, load them from the Panel menu

Arrrow shapes will be in the Arrows subfolder and should be in the Options bar picker as well.

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 11.02.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

The answer is still good. Go to Window > Shapes to bring up the Shapes Panel. In the Search box, type "arrows" and it will bring up the folder with the arrows in it. Select the Arrow folder and clear the search box to display the arrows as shown. You'll need to select the Custom Shape Tool and select the arrow you want. Current as of Ps 2021/version 22.2

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 7.04.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answer is still good. Go to Window > Shapes to bring up the Shapes Panel. In the Search box, type "arrows" and it will bring up the folder with the arrows in it. Select the Arrow folder and clear the search box to display the arrows as shown. You'll need to select the Custom Shape Tool and select the arrow you want. Current as of Ps 2021/version 22.2

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 7.04.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene, you have just given me a useful heads up.   I've been completely missing that search option!  

How are things btw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming along, Trevor. Details in PM.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You left something out. On my machine, I had to click the "stacked lines" icon on top right of Window > Shapes search box. THEN I was finally able to access the arrows inside Legacy Shapes.

WHY would ANYONE ANYWHERE think that experienced PS users should have instant access to the BAOBOB TREE custom shape tool while having to walk through fire to draw an ARROW?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gener7 sayeth-

"The answer is still good. Go to Window > Shapes to bring up the Shapes Panel. In the Search box, type "arrows" and it will bring up the folder with the arrows in it. Select the Arrow folder and clear the search box to display the arrows as shown. You'll need to select the Custom Shape Tool and select the arrow you want. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the MacOS version and it works as described. Unfortunately I can't account for other configurations I don't own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is SO spot on:

"WHY would ANYONE ANYWHERE think that experienced PS users should have instant access to the BAOBOB TREE custom shape tool while having to walk through fire to draw an ARROW?"

Adobe for fs...Are you listening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this. Its been driving me crazy! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and for us not using windows? do agree with a lot of people here in the thread - this is a very poor solution from you guys in the Adobe team 😞

and how about that, can see that my name is default5douwspudvw5 🙂 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using PhotoShop to edit schematics and line drawings for years and have had absolutely no problems drawing lines with arrowheads on them until this recent upgrade.  I've been reading all of the responses from the other frustrated users and have tried following the directions.  When I get to the shapes panel, I typed in "arrows" and I see three folders (all opened) with nothing in them except empty folders.  How the heck is one supposed to draw or choose an arrow from nothing?  If it isn't broke, don't fix it!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you deleted "arrows" from the search box? You should then see the arrows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The so-called "2 correct answers" below are either total b.s. or (as usual) totally out of date.

As of August 2, 2022 anyway, Adobe in its "wisdom" has either obliterated "legacy shapes" or decided to cleverly re-hide them somewhere else.  They are UNOBTAINABLE.  What I detest about the web it that obsolete, wrong information sits everywhere there, forever . . . creating a sort of Virtual Altzheimers which plague all of us.  A pox on Adobe's house.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it still works in my PS 22.5.8 release.

I go to the Window entry on the menu bar, then klick on Shapes in the drop down.

Now the Shapes window is displayed. In the list I cannot see legacy shapes, only an empty folder. No arrows either.

But...

... I can delete that empty folder, then open the menu and select Legacy Shapes and More. Now two folders are back, All Legacy Default Shapes and 2019 Shapes. The former contains arrows.

So, at least from my point of view, all is fine with the answers. It might be different for you. It might not.

In any case, you should maybe not expect people to come back to their old community forum entries to check whether these are still valid. You can see the date, you can draw conclusions. This is not a wiki nor Adobe's documentation pages. Be angry if you have to, but please try not to insult others by calling their honest attempt to help b.s. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, all of the panel search tools will only find results in groups open in the main panel area.  That's definitely the case with Brush groups for instance.  So if you don't have the Legacy Shapes group showing in the main panel, click on the menu bars (top right corner) and add them.  

image.png

On Windows 10 there are two files in the folder shown below.  I don't know why there are two file types, and I am not sure  why they have such a recent date, but it might be the last time I had to reset Preferences.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines